Lynn Pelco, Ph.D.
Associate vice provost of community engagement
- Phone:(804) 827-8215
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynn Pelco joined VCU in 2008 as the director of VCU Service-Learning and was promoted to vice provost for community engagement in July 2012. She currently oversees the VCU Service-Learning and VCU ASPiRE programs and holds a joint faculty appointment as professor in the VCU School of Education.
Pelco has held a number of clinical and faculty positions, including lecturer at the University of South Australia, assistant professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine and school psychologist in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia. Most recently, Pelco was professor and co-director of the school psychology program at the College of William and Mary, where she served from 1992-2008.
Pelco’s research and teaching interests include service-learning; family, school and community partnerships; and university student development. She recently served as a co-investigator for GreenSTEM@VCU, an interdisciplinary project funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service to prepare middle school science and technology teachers to teach green service-learning.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow at Johns Hopkins University in Developmental Disabilities
- Ph.D. in School Psychology, Pennsylvania State University
- Masters of Science in School Psychology, Pennsylvania State University
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Pennsylvania State University