In exchange for service as an AmeriCorps member, individuals receive:
- An annual living allowance while enrolled.
- An education award upon program completion
- Health care benefits for full-time members.
- Child-care reimbursement for full-time members who meet eligibility requirements.
Members also benefit from:
- Valuable training designed to enhance problem solving and life skills.
- Leadership opportunities that enhance personal growth.
- Real-world experience in the field of education and human services.
- Opportunities to explore personal strengths and career interests through training and hands-on experience.
- Networking with VCU faculty, school system personnel and representatives from local human service agencies and organizations.
- The opportunity to change lives in a positive way.