Lynn Pelco, Ph.D.
Associate vice provost of community engagement
- Phone:(804) 827-8215
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynn Pelco joined VCU in 2008 as the director of VCU Service-Learning and was promoted to associate vice provost for community engagement in July 2012. She currently oversees the VCU Service-Learning Office and holds a joint faculty appointment as professor in the VCU School of Education.
Dr. Pelco has held a number of clinical and faculty positions, including lecturer at the University of South Australia, assistant professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine and school psychologist in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia. From 1992-2008, Dr. Pelco served as professor and co-director of the school psychology graduate program at the College of William and Mary, in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Dr. Pelco’s scholarly body of work includes more than 30 refereed research papers and more than 80 presentations at refereed professional conferences. Her research and teaching interests include service-learning; family, school and community partnerships; and university student development. In 2018 Dr. Pelco received the Outstanding Leader in Experiential Education: Higher Education Award from the National Society for Experiential Education
Pelco CV (PDF)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow at Johns Hopkins University in Developmental Disabilities
- Ph.D. in School Psychology, Pennsylvania State University
- Masters of Science in School Psychology, Pennsylvania State University
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Pennsylvania State University