Community Engagement Awards
Each year, the Center for Community Engagement and Impact hosts VCU's premier community engagement awards program: the Community Engagement Awards. Held in May, the program recognizes and celebrates the partnerships, faculty, students and partners that have achieved high impact in student success and societal change.
Awardees are selected by the Council for Community Engagement.
About the Council for Community Engagement
- Builds a network of contacts across the VCU units.
- Receives and disseminates information and resources that promotes and supports community engagement.
- Gathers information from the community on critical needs and opportunities.
- Recognizes accomplishments of university-community partnerships.
- Assists in the coordination of events designed to engage the VCU community with community partners to address community-identified needs.
Awards and Recognition Committee Chair: Barbara Ingber
Community Connections Committee Co-chairs: Heather Nunes and Erin Stanforth
Community-Engaged Research (CEnR) Committee Chair: Alex Krist