Representatives from all academic and major support units help facilitate VCU becoming a national model for community engagement and regional impact.
Under the direction of the vice provost for community engagement and the associate vice president for health sciences, academic and research affairs, the council:
- Builds a network of contacts across the VCU units.
- Receives and disseminates information and resources that promotes and supports community engagement.
- Gathers information from the community on critical needs and opportunities.
- Recognizes accomplishments of university-community partnerships.
- Assists in the coordination of events designed to engage the VCU community with community partners to address community-identified needs.