Vice provost, Division of Community Engagement
Associate vice president, Health Sciences
Member Duties Include:
- Assisting the development of the unit’s plan to foster a culture of community engagement as noted in the Quest for Distinction.
- Participating in all council functions and serving as a liaison between the council and one’s unit.
- Documenting activities and interests related to community engagement of faculty, staff and recognized student groups within one’s unit, especially those related to the university’s focus areas of education, access to health, sustainability and economic development.
- Supporting the development of community-based learning, scholarship and service opportunities.
- Serving as a liaison and contact between one’s unit and other VCU units to facilitate collaboration on community engagement opportunities.
- Disseminating information about community engagement opportunities, including funding, to faculty, staff and students.