CEnR Support at VCU
The Federation of Community-Engaged Research
The Federation of Community-Engaged Research is jointly supported by the Center for Clinical and Translational Research and the Division of Community Engagement with the purpose of supporting and catalyzing high quality community-engaged research across VCU. The Federation of CEnR has a strong connection with the CCE through its membership and shared goals.
- Center for Clinical and Translational Research – provides the necessary infrastructure and resources for interdisciplinary human health research.
- VCU Community Review Board - a structured forum for researchers interested in feedback from community members. Community members serve as expert reviewers and provide feedback on various aspects of a proposed or ongoing research project including the design, study implementation, instrument development, recruitment strategies, dissemination and applying research findings to practice.
- VCU Institutional Review Board (IRB) - a committee of VCU faculty, staff and representatives of the community who are not associated with VCU. The IRB reviews, approves and monitors all research at VCU that involves human subjects.
- VCU Libraries Research Navigator - pulls together core facilities, departments, offices, institutes and other groups that provide research services to VCU faculty, staff and students. It also includes resources outside VCU that provide reliable free or open source resources.
- Scholars Compass – a publishing platform for the intellectual output of VCU’s academic, research and administrative communities.