Service-Learning Travel Grants
Information and application
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. All applications for 2018-19 must be received by May 1, 2019.
Only completed applications with all required signatures will be considered.
Visit Grant Applications and Reporting for a full application packet.
To be considered for the service-learning Travel Grants Program, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be the instructor of a designated service-learning course at VCU that has been taught within the last two academic years.
- Applicant must have an accepted proposal to a professional conference.
- Applicant’s accepted proposal must have a service-learning component.
- Support for any individual presentation is limited based on available funds.
- Preference will be given to applications with a departmental match.
Awards of up to $1,000 per travel grant will be made. Funding will be transferred from the Division of Community Engagement to the home department responsible for fund disbursement. Once monies have been disbursed to the home department account, it is the responsibility of the applicant to work with their home department to make project purchases. Faculty members are allowed one travel grant per fiscal year.
Requested funds may be used for travel, transportation, conference registration and other supplies necessary for the accepted proposal.
The service-learning staff will review all submissions for completeness, presence of service-learning components and soundness of budget.
Any individual who receives a service-learning Travel Grant Award is required to submit a short report by May 15 of the academic year in which the award was made. Reports must be received before instructors will be considered for future travel grants through the service-learning office.
Visit Grant Applications and Reporting for a full report template.