The Center for Community Engagement and Impact works with faculty, staff and community partners as a central university hub to facilitate mutually-beneficial partnerships and relationships that enhance student learning and address community-identified needs.
VCU employees have designated hours each year to use serving in the community.
The Color of COVID
Racial disparities in the pandemic.
The Toolbox at MFYC
A comprehensive approach to professional development for youth-serving organizations
Promoting voter engagement on campus.
The campus experience will be different than it was before the COVID-19 crisis. We will start the fall semester on Aug. 17 with a portion of employees continuing to telework.
Our communities need your support to serve the populations impacted by the spread of the coronavirus. Visit Keep on Partnering for resources and tools you can use to support our VCU Health and community partners.
Visit One VCU: Responsible Together for the latest university information, actions and resources available regarding COVID-19.
Principles of Community Engagement
High-quality academic-community partnerships are built using values and principles that guide us in our work. VCU encourages partnerships that strive for:
- Impact by aligning efforts to meet community-identified needs.
- Connections that foster new understanding.
- Mutual benefit and reciprocity for all parties.
- Communication that honors shared goals and supports continuous improvement.
- Contributions that recognize the knowledge, skills and experiences that everyone contributes to the pursuit of common goals.